Thursday, August 11, 2011

Can I take a small blunt knife on a flight to US?

This is not a knife really, the only thing that allows to call it that way is its look and shape. The blade is 3.5 inches long and is neither sharp nor meant to be sharp, i.e. you can't cut anything with it even if you try very hard. The tip of the knife is not sharp too but has a shape of sharp wedge. So yes, if you push really hard, I think it is possible to harm a person. Though I don't think it can penetrate anything harder than t-shirt. I'll be having a flight to the US and I want to take this thing with me. Will they allow me to take it into the plane? If no, how can I transport it: should I put it into the non-hand-luggage (sorry, don't know the term)? If yes, will they want to open the bag and verify the thing (in that case I'll put it closer to the top of the bag to make it more accessible).

No comments:

Post a Comment